Friday 7 October 2011

TRIBUTE WANGARI MAATHAI

I FEEL YOU!
These are the words from a wicked mind that’s one of a kind, not meant to be unkind rather to abide. A mind that does not mind the mines set up by mankind but seeks to free it from the binds that have inclined our kind to be out of rhyme with our lives.


These are the words from a heart that has been hurt, cut and left to bleed in the mud. A heart that has grown numb and no longer runs because the love that was meant last has been snatched.
These are the words from a soul that’s so cold and can no longer hold because it’s been sold to the foe. A soul that used to mould was so bold but know mourns in the corner of a deep hole never to be known.
These are the words that won’t change the direction but hopefully bring redemption for it’s without contention or tension that I mention the revelation.


These are the words that won’t blend but seek to mend the ends of our broke trends.
And these are the words…………………………….
Peace, yes! Peace. It’s Complex enough for the sharp to decipher yet so simple for the layman to grasp. This was well epitomized by one who fought for the environment to secure if but a portion of our future. Cliché I know, who needs another sycophant ranting about this trivial yet fundamental aspect which should be inscribed in our ever forgetful minds to form the crust of our being.
I jolt down these words with mixed emotions of grief and admiration, but I cant help being jealous. Why? You ask. All along I’ve been trying to fit in but after reminiscing about her life it finally hits me, I was not meant to fit in because then I would just be ordinary. I want to make my life a masterpiece like hers was, fall in love like she was and most of all be free.
When they ask about her don't hold back but tell it all. Tell them that she was a heroine in the truest of sense and when it came down to it she stood her ground and fought the more than formidable nemesis. Tell them that she fought on the front line for justice and status quo. She fought for what is right and took a bullet for our future. How I long to wield such courage and passion.


I see her beckoning from the other side of the frontier calling us to embrace a greater cause. As I trudge along this path into the woods I see it, a natural spring untainted by human activity and there I glance into the crystal waters and see a glimpse of the future. It’s green just like she wanted.
Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment